There are over 700 members (and counting!) of the Kiva Fellows alumni community, living and working all over the world. Some Fellows return to their former careers with a renewed sense of purpose while others use the experience to make a significant career shift. Some fellows stay on for a second or third placement or for a job in their host country, and others go on to pursue advanced degrees.
Wherever they end up, fellows always remain valued members of the Kiva community. The Kiva Fellows Program team helps to keep alumni connected to one another, to Kiva staff, and to the larger Kiva network around the world. Some of the ways alumni are staying involved include:
- Forming regional alumni chapters in cities around the world
- Speaking about Kiva and the Kiva Fellows experience at local schools, conferences and events
- Supporting the Kiva Fellows selection process by interviewing candidates
- Sharing career and professional development opportunities through our active Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- Organizing reunions, happy hours, and other events
- Participating in exclusive webinars with key Kiva staff members to discuss new strategic initiatives