Every Fellow is required to attend a five-day training program at Kiva’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The Kiva Fellows Program training week provides Fellows with the opportunity to meet other members of the class and Kiva staff face-to-face; gain hands-on practice with Kiva’s internal tools and systems; learn about Kiva’s policies, business strategy, and new initiatives; and prepare for time in the field through trainings on key deliverables.
Fellows are expected to deploy to their placements within 2 weeks of training.
Sample training schedule:
- Day 1: How Kiva works, program overview, mission and core beliefs, life at a Field Partner
- Day 2: Skill-building (finance, spreadsheets, technology)
- Day 3: Web tools used by Kiva Fellows
- Day 4: Deliverables and success metrics
- Day 5: Goals, communication and expectations